How Sites Use Punter Details
Indian bookies and gambling operators process the personal data received from patrons to provide them with the highest quality services. The data can be utilized for these purposes:
- Conducting research and statistical check of summary data;
- Processing of placed bets and payment transactions, incl. the use of bank cards and banking systems by punters;
- Providing support for the creation and management of a private cabinet;
- Identification and verification of users;
- Tracking and verification of payment transactions in order to prevent money laundering, fraud, financing of international terrorism, violation of the rules of the site, etc.;
- Compliance with the legal responsibility of the operator, including compliance with the laws on combating money laundering and financing of international terrorism;
- Providing patrons with betting, gambling and other services for which they have applied to the site;
- Informing punters about the appearance of new promotions (if users have given their consent to this), etc.
What Information Do Sites Collect?
Punters who register on the portals of online casinos and bookmakers operating in India agree to the collection of this personal details about themselves:
- Data provided during the creation of a private cabinet or sent by email;
- Correspondence with support agents of the firm via feedback form, Live chat, email or other communication channels;
- Details about visits and authorization on the site, including traffic data, browser, IP location, event logs, operations, and other info that was recorded by the portal system;
- The history of actions that punter performed with the options of his or her private cabinet;
- Documents or their scans that the operator has legitimately requested from the user for identity verification and anti-fraud checks;
- Participation in surveys, etc.
Legality Of Obtaining Data from Punters
Online casinos and bookies in India do not have the right to collect confidential details of punters without their knowledge. However, they can automatically collect data about players if they were provided during the use of the operators’ services and when interacting with them.
Operators may also legitimately receive certain personal data from online vendors, third-party technical support providers to process the online transactions, and service providers such as fraud prevention companies.
Legally operating online casinos and bookmakers guarantee the safety of the collected details.
Transfer of Data To Third Parties
Legal online casinos and bookmakers in India do not sell or transfer personal data of their customers to third parties. They may disclose these details if required by law, regulation, or other subpoena or warrant.
The disclosure of punters’ personal data is made only in these cases:
- According to the requirements of the law;
- To comply with the company’s legal and regulatory obligations;
- To protect the safety of the operator, player or other persons in connection with the investigation of fraud or responding to a government request;
- To fulfill the tasks of partners — marketing service providers.
Data Storage and Protection
Legally working in India online bookmakers and gambling operators guarantee the safety and protection of the user data they gather. The use of modern SSL encryption protocols allows them to ensure reliable protection of details. Its storage is carried out on dedicated servers that third parties do not have access to.
Access to Player Accounts is carried out using a unique identifier and password. Please note that only the user himself/herself is personally responsible for the confidentiality of the login data and for the impossibility of receiving it by another person.
This has already been said a little above, but now you will learn more about it. Every Indian punter who has decided to use the services of an online casino or a bookmaker must undergo an identity verification procedure. This usually does not need to be done immediately after registration, however, if you want to access the withdrawal of funds, we recommend that you do not postpone the procedure for a long time.
Verification allows gambling operators and bookmakers to fulfill their obligations before the law, and to prevent minors and problematic punters from entering the site. Also, this process allows you to filter out bonus hunters, scammers and criminals. This is due to the comparison of their personal data with the lists of persons involved in money laundering and the financing of international terrorism submitted by the authorized bodies.
During the verification process, online casinos and bookmakers request high-quality scans of documents from users to confirm their identity and residential address. The list of such documents includes passport/ID card, utility bill, driver’s license, etc. Companies may also ask for proof of the user’s solvency if they have suspicions about the source of his/her funds from illegal activities.
If the user does not pass the identity verification procedure, for example, it turns out that he is a minor, then his/her account is blocked.
When a player visits an online casino or bookmaker platform, the system automatically collects details about this visit. Data gathering can also be carried out jointly with platform vendors and company partners.
Cookies and similar tracking tools are used to gather details. Cookies are small text files that are stored on the user’s computer or equipment when visiting the pages of the site. Their purpose may be different: to improve the operation of the portal, improve the quality of services provided, etc.
Most online browsers automatically accept cookies. The player has the option to block some or all cookies or delete already installed cookies by changing the browser settings. However, this action is not recommended, because it may limit the use of websites.